Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Penetration Testing

From: "St. Laurent, Tim" <tstlaure () RICHMOND EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:39:46 -0500

Hello everyone,

I was curious if anyone has contracted a third party to provide penetration
testing and auditing for their network and systems?  We are looking at
having someone do an "real" penetration test of our network and our systems.
I would like to avoid any company that just comes in and scans our network
for vulnerabilities (i.e. a ISS scan) as we can do this ourselves.  If
anyone has any recommendations as to which companies out there provide the
best service,  I would appreciate any good or bad experiences.

Thanks,

Tim

----------University of Richmond----------
Tim St. Laurent