Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Fwd: Paper on IT Security Legal Issues for Higher Ed

From: Kathie Brinkman <brinkmkb () MUOHIO EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:39:50 -0500

Sorry - Eudora auto-complete took over - I was forwarding this information
to my Miami's SECURITY listserv and didn't check the auto-complete before
hitting send.

I should know better :>)

thanks.

Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:01:35 -0500
From: Rodney Petersen <rpetersen () educause edu>
Subject: [SECURITY] Paper on IT Security Legal Issues for Higher Ed
Sender: The EDUCAUSE Security Discussion Group Listserv
 <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU

The Security Task Force has commissioned a law firm to develop a white
paper on IT security legal issues.  The paper, "IT Security for Higher
Education:  A Legal Perspective," is available at
http://www.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/CSD2746.pdf

One of the authors, Peter Cassat, will be a featured speaker at the
Security Professionals Workshop on April 22nd-23rd in Temecula,
California - see www.educause.edu/conference/security/2003.  NOTE that
the deadline for registration at a reduced rate (only $100) will close
on Monday, March 24th.

Peter will also be participating on a panel to discuss "How Secure is
Secure?" at the Networking2003 conference in Washington, D.C., on April
30th - May 1st - see http://www.educause.edu/conference/networking/2003/
 We have also invited the participation of officials from the
Information Analysis and Infrastructure Protection (IAIP) division
within the new Department of Homeland Security.

The Security Task Force would welcome your feedback on the legal issues
paper and invites discussion on this list of topics raised (or not
raised) by the paper.

Rodney Petersen
Security Task Force Coordinator
EDUCAUSE