Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: HIPAA Privacy - I am afraid I am behind

From: "Schmidt, Eric W" <erschmid () IUPUI EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:32:34 -0500

We're taking a slightly different tact here at the IU School of
Medicine.  HIPAA privacy resides with our Compliance office however the
School's Information Security office will work closely with the School's
Compliance office since there cannot be adequate privacy without proper
security of the networks.

Eric W. Schmidt, CISSP, CISM, DABFE
Information Security Officer
Indiana University School of Medicine