Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Internet filtering/blocking of inappropriate sites

From: Robert Myles <mylesr () OHSU EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:42:02 -0800

New topic,

We are in the process of investigating solutions toward internet filtering or blocking of inappropriate sites from
within the bounds of our enterprise.  I would like to find out what other institutions have done in this regard and if
you are willing, determine the roadblocks, solutions and products used.

Thanks,

Robert Myles, CISSP
Information Security Officer
Oregon Health & Science University