BreachExchange mailing list archives

Credit card information stolen from Farragut eatery

From: Erica Absetz <erica () riskbasedsecurity com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 11:50:49 -0500

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/280671/2/Credit-card-information-stolen-from-Farragut-eatery

Local and federal investigators are looking into who stole credit card
information from several customers at a Farragut restaurant.

Workers with Wild Wing Cafe say a hacker broke through their system
and stole credit card numbers. They say it only affected a small
number of customers who were in the restaurant last week.

The restaurant's owner Dave McFarland says an IT team is looking into
the breach. He promises something like this will never happen again.

"We've got a lot of policies and protections in place, it's
unfortunate. These are my customers, these are my friends and we take
this very seriously," he said.

McFarland says that they want to talk to any customers affected by the breach.

If customers find fraudulent charges on their account, McFarland
recommends they contact their banks and credit card companies
immediately.