BreachExchange mailing list archives

HOW many patient privacy breaches per month?

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:10:34 -0500 (CDT)

http://www.phiprivacy.net/?p=3739

HOW many patient privacy breaches per month?
By Dissent, September 16, 2010

As regular readers know, I tend to avoid blogging about commercial
products and am leery about reporting results from studies that might be
self-serving, but a new paper from FairWarning has some data that I think
are worth mentioning here.    In their report, they provide some baseline
data on how many patient privacy breaches their clients were experiencing
each month.   Keeping in mind that many places already had some security
and privacy protocols in place and that higher rates are more likely to
create customers for them, here.s what they report for four clients that
they say are representative cases from their client database of 300
clients:

[..]