BreachExchange mailing list archives

Mozilla Store Vendor Security Breach

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 21:11:31 +0000 (UTC)

http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2009/08/04/mozilla-store-vendor-security-breach/

Mozilla Store Vendor Security Breach
Posted by Mozilla

August 4th, 2009  Mozilla News

Today, Mozilla discovered that GatewayCDI, the third party vendor
entrusted to run the backend of the Mozilla Store, suffered a security
breach. Once notified, we took the immediate preventative step of shutting
down the Mozilla Store to ensure that no additional users could be
compromised.

Mozilla immediately reached out to GatewayCDI and encouraged them to
quickly inform individuals whose data had been compromised.  GatewayCDI is
currently investigating their systems and determining the cause and extent
of the breach.  Mozilla Store customers who are affected will be contacted
directly by GatewayCDI.

Mozilla is committed to user privacy and the store will only be reinstated
once we have a satisfactory assurance of ongoing login security and data
privacy.

The International Mozilla Store, although run by a separate partner
company, has also temporarily been shut down as a precautionary measure.
The Mozilla Community Store is operated on a wholly separate system and
was not impacted by the breach.