BreachExchange mailing list archives

Credit Cards, BreachCenter, T-Mobile, Oh My...

From: lyger <lyger () attrition org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 01:39:18 +0000 (UTC)

http://datalossdb.org/incident_highlights/29-credit-cards-breachcenter-t-mobile-oh-my

http://datalossdb.org/

It appears that  Capital One has announced a new program for helping
non-profit organizations to raise funds (see picture). According to the
plan, all rewards earned on these cards, including one percent of net
purchases and an additional $25 with the first purchase, go directly to
support the affiliated nonprofit organization. As a 501(c)(3), OSF is
wondering if anyone might be interested in obtaining a DataLossDB Capital
One card to make donating easier (and to help the economy!). We're also
accepting other ideas for card designs, such as "CHECK ID" on the front
(thanks, Sullo!). Please contact us if this idea interests you or if you
have any suggestions.

Also, we would like to announce that BreachCenter.com is now online.
Intersections Inc. has partnered with Financial Services Roundtable and
ITAC, the Identity Theft Assistance Center, to provide this service, and
OSF is contributing information on recent data breaches to the site.
BreachCenter.com also features news and opinions from the ITAC blog.
Please check them out when you can.

Lastly, T-Mobile has been in the news recently regarding an apparent data
breach, which may or may not have involved its customers' personal
information. According to USA Today, "The document 'copied' by the hacker
Pwnmobile did not get into his hands via a hack, the company says.
Information in the document is legitimate T-Mobile data, but is not
customer information. Investigators can't yet say for certain how
Pwnmobile got his mitts on a copy of the document." So while details are
still sketchy, we're following the story and will post information to the
DataLoss Mail List as it becomes available.

[...]