BreachExchange mailing list archives

New Features

From: David Shettler <dave () opensecurityfoundation org>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:12:46 -0400

http://datalossdb.org/incident_highlights/24

We now require a login, and acceptance of terms for downloading the
database. We've also added a new download format. You can now download
the contents of DataLossDB in mysqldump format. We also have the
following new features:

    * Data Loss Stock Analysis
(http://datalossdb.org/index/stock_stats) - A Feature that allows
users to analyze the potential effects of data loss incidents on
publicly traded companies.
    * Stock Charts on Incident Pages - Every incident now shows the
stock activity before, during, and after a data loss incident.
    * Stock Charts on Organization Pages - Every organization page of
a publicly traded company now shows their stock charts during the time
of the incident.

Take these stock statistics with a grain of salt. There are many
things that affect the price of a given stock, and these detailed
analysis of these charts is required before drawing any conclusions.
These new features are also still under development, and we're aware
of some graphs not displaying properly.

We've recently received a new batch of Primary Sources. Two of them
from volunteers in our 50 states FOIA project! Thank you to those of
you participating. For those who are interested, email curators@ to
find out more. Another batch was one we processed directly from
Hawaii. The Hawaii batch begins with a document dated 2007-01-17, and
ends with a document dated 2009-01-07. You can see all 70 of them
here:

    * Hawaii Primary Sources
(http://datalossdb.org/search/primary_sources/11-hawaii-office-of-consumer-protection)

There are several in that batch that we don't have as incidents yet,
and we'll process them as soon as we can. If you'd like to help out,
let us know.

You can see the other states, Wisconsin (gathered by volunteer
swtornio), and Michigan (gathered by volunteer Alina Johnson) here:

    * Wisconsin Primary Sources
(http://datalossdb.org/search/primary_sources/12-wisconsin-attorney-general)
    * Michigan Primary Sources
(http://datalossdb.org/search/primary_sources/13-michigan-attorney-general)

We'll be announcing a new contest soon, with some great prizes for
winning contestants, thanks to some spectacular sponsorship offers. If
your organization is interested in sponsoring it, there's also room
for more prizes. Contact curators () datalossdb org for more information.