BreachExchange mailing list archives

TX: Computer breach at UT Dallas may have exposed students' personal info

From: lyger <lyger () attrition org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 21:23:59 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/080108dnmetUTD.1f0bd372.html

A computer network attack at the University of Texas at Dallas may have
exposed Social Security numbers and other personal information for 9,100
individuals, school officials said today.

A security breach in UTD.s computer network may have exposed Social
Security numbers along with names, addresses, email addresses or telephone
numbers, officials said.

[.]

"We are very sorry this happened," Jim Gary, UTD vice president and chief
information officer, said in a prepared statement. "We would never seek to
minimize the impact of such an event, but we find no indication that the
information has been disclosed, disseminated or used to anyone's
detriment.  We are working to inform anyone who is potentially at risk."

[...]