BreachExchange mailing list archives

MA: Not Your Average Joe's restaurants hit with data breach

From: lyger <lyger () attrition org>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 14:15:06 +0000 (UTC)

http://boston.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/2007/10/22/daily30.html

Massachusetts restaurant chain Not Your Average Joe's issued a statement
Tuesday that said its Massachusetts restaurants were targeted by an
individual or individuals seeking to illegally obtain credit card data.

"We are shocked that this has happened and are taking the situation very
seriously," the statement, which was published on the company's Web site,
read. "We sincerely apologize to our customers for any inconvenience that
this issue may cause them. We take this issue seriously, and want our
customers to understand how they may be impacted."

The Dartmouth, Mass.-based chain said an external investigation into the
cause and impact is still on-going.

[...]