BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: OT? PCI Education Steak & Shake

From: "DAIL, ANDY" <ADAIL () sunocoinc com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 10:34:55 -0400

Visa, in their letter announcing the PCI Advisory board formation,
determined that all auditors who perform on-site audits must be a QSA.
http://usa.visa.com/merchants/risk_management/cisp_assessors.html.

The authorization for internal auditors to perform the task was under
the old CISP program (pre-PCI 1.0).  The assertion may still hold true,
but if a Level 1 does a self-assessment and then suffers a breach, Visa
would likely invalidate their audit and fine them heavily.

Of course, almost no company accepts only Visa, and not MasterCard, so
it's probably moot.