BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: CTS: Thief Steals Tax Records

From: "B.K. DeLong" <bkdelong () pobox com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 14:27:54 -0500

Data Loss and Compliance is all a game of Risk......Management. The
CPAs and other folk all get together to calculate at what point an
incident would be an unacceptable cost. That becomes the threshhold to
determine just how much they're willing to comply - both from a "CNN
moment" the result of a breach and a fine due to lack of compliance.

The "loss of reputation" might encourage more awareness but the key is
to get inside their head.

Though keep in mind, with each younger generation the better the BS meter. ;)