BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: Is dataloss becoming the next 'computer virus' trend?

From: blitz <blitz () strikenet kicks-ass net>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 17:34:21 -0500

Id venture to say they want to walk away from their responsibility to those affected as soon as possible and with minimum liability. That's why I go as far as questioning the veracity of the "Oh we found it", or "it was returned" stories.

I'd imagine most companies don't want to keep their name in the spotlight,
and won't issue press releases unless it is about the bad guy getting
caught and "relative certainty" that the information was not abused.