Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: The Correct Amount

From: Kristian Erik Hermansen <kristian.hermansen () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 13:12:52 -0700

Do you feel the same way about FaceBook PHP? Or general PHP v7? It sounds
like everyone has cancer, smokes, and is pregnant...

On Aug 2, 2016 8:59 AM, "dave aitel" <dave () immunityinc com> wrote:

Last week I did the technical review of one of our deliverables. Super
secure website, run by smart people. They'd limited their exposure to one
PHP file. But a good security services company provides strategic advice,
along with individual tactical recommendations. In this case, the
consultant found two critical vulnerabilities in just that one lonely PHP
file. Our strategic recommendation is always this: Use as much PHP on your
website as cigarettes you would allow a pregnant woman to smoke per day.

Everyone knows they should stop smoking. But sometimes it takes a doctor
to pull up the X-Ray of your lungs and look at them sadly for a brief
second for you to invest in that first pack of nicotine gum. I'm not saying
PHP is cancer, I'm just saying that when I see Uber write up a long post
<https://hackerone.com/uber> about how they're trying to use Bug Bounties
to help them secure their WordPress plugins it makes me think maybe they
should go to the doctor instead.

-dave