Dailydave mailing list archives

INFILTRATE 2016, and the Why

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunityinc com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 09:44:24 -0400

INFILTRATE has a special purpose which is obvious in retrospect when I explain it to people: Gauging the swing of the
pendulum. Like many of you, I've been in this business a long time, and watched the pendulum swing back and forth from
the remote RPC attacks of the early 2000's, to the introduction of host protections with XP SP2, the eradication of
format string vulnerabilities, the birth of GRSec and ASLR and DEP and the growth of the industrialization of
information security with QUANTUMINSERT and various other Platforms.

We are in the Platform age of information security, and offense has a small head start.

With the right set of eyes you watch each technological bump move the pendulum either towards offense or defense or
change its color or spin it to confuse people.

INFILTRATE allows the community to analyze the offensive spectrum to compare it to defensive advances. This year was by
far the biggest we've ever done and we made a small profit (which we shared with our speakers of course!), but largely
it is there for the benefit of strategic analysis for all the attendees. This is why the videos are not as important to
us as the talks themselves. That moment in time. The vibe.

And because that, we hope you will join us next year:

INFILTRATE 2016!
http://infiltratecon.com/register.html

Note: We added a "Super Early Bird Special" pricing which ends on July 31st and also changed up the classes a little
bit (Wide Open has 2 parts, Web Hacking Language Review is taught online before conference, and all face-to-face
classes run simultaneously from Sunday April 3rd - Wednesday April 6th.)