Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Infiltrate Challenge #1

From: Nicolas Waisman <nicolas () immunityinc com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 10:36:03 -0300

We have a winner!! Congratulation Gaston, we hope to see you at
Infiltrate in April!

The challenge have two simple step.

Challenge1.mp3
The audio have a cheerful lady reading a list of numbers in spanish, the
where two possibles ways to resolve it: listening to the audio and
writing the number by hand (very error prone) or extracting it
programatically like Gaston did (Check solution_1.py).

As a result, you get an image in .png file format, this was hidden a
simple message using a simple LSB steganographic algorithm (solution_2.py).

For those curious, the secret message was
#BOOM# NORTH KOREA WAS HERE :]

(Sounds familiar, right?)

See you at Infiltrate
Nico