Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: The evolution of Threat Intelligence

From: Ali-Reza Anghaie <ali () packetknife com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 15:34:49 -0400

As much as many organizations won't want to admit it - I think you're
dead on right. TI is about context and action - not specifics. Right
now "product" TI systems are trying to cram in more ~specifics~ which
just elevates the barrier to entry for use.

Instead, as you suggest, all the context you need is 'What' and 'What
to do NOW' .. the rest doesn't matter to 99% of organizations. AND, if
we're lucky in the next decade, regulatory agencies and their proxies
will realize that too and stop requiring massive DFIR efforts for
essentially the same exact result. Rinse --> Buy everyone identity
theft protection for a year --> Fire someone --> Repeat ..

Thank you Dave, -Ali