Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Catch22's in Vulnerability Management

From: Wim Remes <wremes () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 00:00:08 +0100

One could come up with a staged approach:
1. Auth with unprivileged account, retrieve flag.
2. If first auth fails or flag not retrieved, label system as rogue, alert.
3 if auth succeeds and flag retrieved, auth with admin credentials.

There's a performance sacrifice to be made there ...

You'd be surprised at the # of installations you find that don't use credentials. As far as I remember, PCI scans do
not require credentialed scans. Since they are the key driver for many installations out there, it should not be that
big of a surprise.

Boxes that check, check boxes.

Cheers,

Sent from my iPad