Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Asynchronous

From: Adam Crosby <adam () uptill3 com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 11:49:15 -0400

Who still uses spinning disks for any real data processing system?  SSDs have been common for years.
http://www.slideshare.net/crucially/just-use-ssds-really-really

On Oct 6, 2011, at 9:38 PM, Kyle Creyts wrote:

Everybody always worries about cores, threads, and processing... what about similarly capable storage to feed these
processing units? Rapid-write, redundancy, and rapid-read. Pick two, throw the third out.

What about a storage model that better supports distributed and asynchronous workloads? Or even just large sequential
ones?

And seriously? Spinning discs? So passe. We've been using them for how many years now?