Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Reading is hard

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 17:18:01 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, Dave Aitel wrote:

: So we have a different methodology for talk acceptance for INFILTRATE
: than most conferences: We call you with questions.
:
: This can be hard, in the sense that some of the best talks are in
: subjects without many subject matter experts, but if you submitted a
: talk, and we have any questions, you'll get a phone call from one or all
: of us. I just think it's a better way to do things, and frankly, I think
: you deserve it for submitting a talk.

Excellent.

This should also held weed out presenters who know precisely what is on
the slides, and nothing more. I think every technical conference should do
this.