Dailydave mailing list archives

The beat is yet to come!

From: Nelson Brito <nbrito () sekure org>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 13:30:06 -0300

A few weeks ago a twitter's TROLL compared the HPING3 with one of my private tools: a Denial-of-Service SYN Flood Tool.

Yeah! That's for real, this TROLL thinks that the HPING3 was designed to be a FLOOD tool and/or to be a
Denial-of-Service tool. Hilarious but real!

I guess this TROLL thinks that the HPING3 is a FLOOD tool based on the article: Denial-of-Service
(http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Denial_of_Service#Hping)

Anyways... I got this as a personal attack and I spent some spare time driven to proof this is a ridiculous comparison,
and it took me just a few part-time days to realize: "You cannot compare a Machine-gun (FLOOD Tools) and a Sniper-rifle
(HPING3)."

Here is a nice preview of an upcoming presentation based on my research of "modern high-performance approach" to build
an offensive computing tool:
http://bit.ly/dj3mfs

Cheers.

Nelson Brito
Security Researcher
http://fnstenv.blogspot.com/

Sent on an  iPhone wireless device. Please, forgive any potential misspellings!