Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: "We're in the top of the league."

From: gold flake <ptinstructor () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:45:41 +0530

I am not from US and was for almost 10 years part of my government's
cyber security setup.  I can vouch for the claims regarding "some
foreign power"'s attacks.  These are systematic, planned and
relentless attacks that we also faced.  The vector was spear phishing
in most cases and the thumb drive method was used to propagate the
malware to the internal segment.  The malware called home (mostly
China) and downloaded backdoors, key-loggers and other nasties.  To my
knowledge these attacks are still going on.  Clueless users were our
biggest problem apart from a lethargic bureaucracy.