Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: WPA attack improved to 1min via MITM

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 21:08:23 -0700

On 27-Aug-09, at 1:21 AM, Cedric Blancher wrote:

What I actually find very misleading is titling "MITM" (no
offense meant Dragos ;), kind of meaning that their attack would allow
one to MITM on TKIP, which is definitely not the case.

Hey it was late at night, and I had just read the paper.
Now I would s/,/via/ since it's more analyzed.

What's a little inadvertent FUD here and there, anyways. It seems
to be a rampant hazard in this industry, as well as the flipside to all
the less than understood threats that are underestimated. ;-P
Caveat Lector.

cheers,
--dr

--
World Security Pros. Cutting Edge Training, Tools, and Techniques
Tokyo, Japan November 4/5 2009  http://pacsec.jp