Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Java is fun!

From: "KF (lists)" <kf_lists () digitalmunition com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 15:48:14 -0400

Landon was nice enough to leave the .class files non obfuscated for those of you that missed it...

http://landonf.bikemonkey.org/static/moab-tests/CVE-2008-5353/HelloWorldApplet.class
http://landonf.bikemonkey.org/static/moab-tests/CVE-2008-5353/t.tmp
http://landonf.bikemonkey.org/static/moab-tests/CVE-2008-5353/javax/Exec.class
http://landonf.bikemonkey.org/static/moab-tests/CVE-2008-5353/javax/Exec$1.class
http://landonf.bikemonkey.org/static/moab-tests/CVE-2008-5353/fun/FunLoader.class

http://www.varaneckas.com/jad
-KF

On May 20, 2009, at 4:39 AM, Dave Aitel wrote:

So here are a couple of blog posts about a great bug that has been used to great effect and is in a CANVAS installation near you!

http://blog.cr0.org/2009/05/write-once-own-everyone.html
http://landonf.bikemonkey.org/code/macosx/CVE-2008-5353.20090519.html

Basically, you get to execute Java code as the user if they visit your web page and have Java turned on. This is default in Fedora, for example, and Bas handily owned my laptop with it. In CANVAS you don't execute commands so much as get a JavaNode connectback (which is somewhat similar to MOSDEF).

Anyways, it's one of my favorite updates to CANVAS recently. Go Julian and his wacky ReplaceObject() tricks! :>

-dave