Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: SSL MITM fun.

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:36:05 -0800

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 01:04:33PM -0500, Dan Moniz wrote:
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Dave Aitel <dave () immunityinc com> wrote:

https://www.blackhat.com/presentations/bh-dc-09/Marlinspike/BlackHat-DC-09-Marlinspike-Defeating-SSL.pdf

Essentially he details 3 attacks (from what I can tell):
1. Register a .cn address and use unicode character for / and ? to
have HTTPS://www.paypal.com/?domain.cn?<some args> validate

Unless I'm missing something, this is essentially what Eric Johanson