Dailydave mailing list archives

SSL MITM fun.

From: Dan Moniz <dnm () pobox com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:04:33 -0500

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Dave Aitel <dave () immunityinc com> wrote:

This is a good presentation.

https://www.blackhat.com/presentations/bh-dc-09/Marlinspike/BlackHat-DC-09-Marlinspike-Defeating-SSL.pdf

Essentially he details 3 attacks (from what I can tell):
1. Register a .cn address and use unicode character for / and ? to
have HTTPS://www.paypal.com/?domain.cn?<some args> validate

Unless I'm missing something, this is essentially what Eric Johanson