Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: phpbb.com hacked...

From: Robert Graham <robert_david_graham () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 11:16:03 -0800 (PST)

Oh, yea, there are lots of problems with the dataset, that's just one potential problem. My analysis should be viewed
as one datapoint in the field of password analysis rather than an authoritative assessment of all passwords.

The passwords come with user information. That information looks what I expect from legitimate users rather than what I
see as spammers on PHPbb style forums. Thus, the numbers may be skewed by spammers, but I think it largely reflects
normal users.