Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Interview with Guido van Rossum about Google App Engine

From: Alexander Sotirov <alex () sotirov net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 10:58:16 -0700

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 09:31:09AM +0200, Craig Balding wrote:
After seeing Justin Ferguson present on flaws in interpreted language
runtimes [http://eusecwest.com/esw08/esw08-ferguson.ppt] at eusecwest, I
approached Guido for an interview about App Engine / Python / Security.

The entire interview can be summarized as "Sorry, we cannot divulge
any information about what we did to secure App Engine, but we did
stuff. Trust us."

This is the worst kind of PR talk and I'm really disappointed that
it's coming from somebody who is actually capable of discussing
the real technical issues.

Alex