Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: The lack of hard questions

From: Charles Miller <cmiller () securityevaluators com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 10:46:49 -0500

I don't want to argue this to death, but I think everyone is missing
my point.  Okay, MS has lots of smart people and Matt Miller kicks
ass.  We all agree on this.  However, I'm sure Matt is still
occasionally surprised by something some other researcher does or is
amazed when some guy no one has ever heard of from Argentina manages
to exploit some bug no one thought was possible.  All I'm saying is it
is very hard to determine how reliably exploitable a particular
vulnerability is.  Although, maybe I'm the only one who finds it
difficult...

Also, I know the MS party at Blackhat was good, but this has gotta be
the first time in history someone on a security list has been given so
much grief about mentioning that MS might not have the absolute best
security folks in the world :)

Charlie