Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: The security circus.

From: "Jeremiah Johnson" <jeremiah.johnson () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:14:07 -0500

It's because of Linus' recent statement:
http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Security_Bugs_and_Full_Disclosure

This means that vendors that don't carefully watch upstream will miss
a security issue and have their repositories owned and backdoor'd,
which makes your fedora system backdoor'd on the next install or
update.

-miah