Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Papers to be read immediately by Mark Dowd+=1

From: "Mark Dowd" <mark.dowd () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:18:01 +1000

Hey there,

I was actually going to post about this myself, but OK :). For anyone
interested, Adobe recently released a patch for Flash Player that addressed
several vulnerabilities, one of which I discovered. I found a pretty
interesting way to get reliable execution by leveraging the mechanics of the
ActionScript Virtual Machine (AVM). Essentially the technique revolves
around being able to run unverified ActionScript, which is decidedly bad as
it turns out. As Dave already pointed out, the document is availables at
http://documents.iss.net/whitepapers/IBM_X-Force_WP_final.pdf.

Enjoy!

-mark

PS. I still don't know anything about X.25!