Dailydave mailing list archives

IOCTL Fuzzer

From: "J.M. Seitz" <lists () bughunter ca>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 13:53:03 -0800

Hey All,

I have released a quick BETA version of my Win32 IOCTL fuzzer. A quick

overview:

ioctlizer is an attempt at fuzzing Windows IOCTL requests. It is split

into two separate tools, ioctltrap.py and ioctlizer.py.

ioctltrap - used to spawn or attach to a user-mode process that

interacts with a device (i.e. wireshark.exe). By hooking

the Win32 system calls that are required to interact with a device

driver, it builds a global test case list to be used

when fuzzing the device(s).

ioctlizer - used to import the trapped IOCTL/Read/Write test cases,

and begin mutating them. Easily extended mutators,

as only the most basic of mutations is included in the fuzzer itself.

A usage example is available in the source package's README. The tool is

available from Google Code:

http://code.google.com/p/ioctlizer/downloads/list
<blocked::http://code.google.com/p/ioctlizer/downloads/list>

Send me some feedback, bugs, etc.

JS

jms () bughunter ca <blocked::mailto:jms () bughunter ca>

ps. Please be patient as I get everything checked into SVN, and do some

wiki pages.