Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: SquirrelMail GPG Plugin vuln

From: Charles Miller <cmiller () securityevaluators com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 08:46:29 -0500

Isn't that always the point when you sell a vulnerability in an
open source
software? If I want to sell you a lighttpd remote exploit and you
trust me
than you know that such a thing exists and you will most probably
invest
more time in finding it yourself. The knowledge that something
exploitable
really exists is a good motivation to find it.

The problem extends beyond open source.

But anyway, there is a big difference between saying there is a
remote exploit in IIS and saying there is a command injection
vulnerability in SquirrelMail GPG Plugin.  I can probably rediscover
the SquirrelMail one in an hour but I may never find the IIS one.
Also, the vulnerability Nicob pointed out was pre-auth (mine was post-
auth).  I'm dying to know if version 2.1 patched the exploit they are
trying to sell!

Charlie

ps.  Sorry about the (No Subject)