Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Citing

From: "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr () watson org>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 11:54:37 -0400 (EDT)

I wonder if many (security conferences outside of academia) just don't
want to put the effort into that seeing as how they are usually for-profit
events?

 On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Halvar Flake wrote:

:Hey all,
:
:
:I do think that we as a community should do a better job at citing. In the academic circles
:you usually have a program committee that enforces proper citing, and you have the culture
:that people dig up obscure old publications to find out who really wrote something first.
:
:In most security conferences, the review process of submissions is minimal, and citations
:are not enforced -- perhabs it's time this changes.
:
:Cheers,
:Halvar

--