Dailydave mailing list archives

Interesting phish

From: "Tyler Krpata" <krpatasec () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:16:23 -0500

I had an interesting Bank of America phish pointed out to me...it gets
around the "wrong URL" problem by popping up a new window which
disables the location bar and creates a lookalike IE location bar of
its own which contains a legit URL. This is something I had actually
been thinking about and played with a bit about a year ago, so I'm not
hugely surprised to see it in the wild. (Apologies if this is not a
new tactic, but I hadn't seen it before.)

Not sure if it's kosher to post phishing URL's to the list, but I will
if anyone wants to see it.