Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Vista speach recognition

From: Sebastian Krahmer <krahmer () suse de>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:09:38 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, George Ou wrote:

BTW, is there a specification which actions by a binary will trigger UAC?
opening sockets? executing command shell?
UAC might be bypassed as well, remember all the kernel
level exploits for Linux, there might be similar ones for Win.

Sebastian

Rich verified it will work and you can execute code.  So long as you stay in
the user-realm, you won't trigger UAC which cannot be bypassed "by default"
as Microsoft says.