Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Vista speach recognition

From: jf <jf () danglingpointers net>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 01:33:36 +0000 (UTC)

An interesting (but unrealistic) problem with this is in air-gapped
networks, for instance I know that there is a certain distance required
for an unclassified and classified machine to be sitting next to each
other (i.e. unclass machine cannot be within XX inches of class machine),
I also know that in a previous life it was not uncommon for people I
worked with to be listening to the radio or watching flash movies, etc.

So with the consideration that classified machines are within 'hearing
distance' of the radio and the unclassified machines, which would provide
an unlikely but interesting method for intrusion into a classified
network.

--

        Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
        it is the courage to continue that counts.

        -- Sir Winston Churchill