Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Month of Kernel Bugs and fsfuzzer release (0.6)

From: L.M.H. <lmh () info-pull com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:22:40 +0200

On 10/24/06, Evgeny Legerov <admin () gleg net> wrote:
Hi,

I do not like this idea but why not to start the "month of kernel bugs" today?

What's wrong with it? Besides giving the stuff out for free instead of
selling exploits.

The point for letting it happen on November is that starting it today
doesn't make sense. It wouldn't be the Month of Kernel Bugs. And this
way I give time to those interested on contributing for getting some
nice work done.

Another point: things take time to get well done and organized. It's
not like 'I got a bug, woot, let's go send it to full-disclosure'.
Fortunately, MoKB isn't a rant, thus it needs some work before it's
suitable for launch. Bugs need to be briefly documented,
double-checked, etc. And If I have the time, I'll provide patches and
try to send them through the appropriate people.

Cheers.