Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: [Dailydave] http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=110889&ran=223062

From: "Nathan Landon" <nathan.landon () digitaloperatives com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:45:36 -0400

Oh,   and they also reported that he used a  PrePaid Debit Card so they
couldn't track who it belonged to.

This was on Fox News in Virginia.   (trustworthy source?)

Nate

On 9/15/06, Nathan Landon <nathan.landon () digitaloperatives com> wrote:

 They showed it on the news here in Virginia.   They have security camera
footage of the guy who they believe is the perpetrator trying to pull out
$250 and getting $1000.   He did this twice apparently.   He doesn't look
like the "engineer" type.   They reported that he was able to turn on the
glitch through a series of entered numbers.    Doubtful he knew what he was
doing otherwise he could have turned it off between attempts.

It took 9 days apparently to catch the error when a good samaritan noticed
that they got more than they asked for and reported it.

It smells to me that it was either an inside job or a disgruntled
employee.

Nate

--

Nathan Landon
President Digital Operatives

--
Nathan Landon
President

Need a first-class ISP for your business?
Digital Operatives is a Speakeasy Partner.
Call me directly to find out about low prices on Business Class Services
including T-1, ADSL, and VOIP.