Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: Octave

From: "Edward Ray" <support () mmicman com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 08:04:01 -0700

 From the bottom of the web page, it looks as if it has not been updated
since August/September, 2003.  Same goes for ALL OCTAVE-related links
(publications was updated in July, 2004).
Looks like something that was started but never gained any traction.  Maybe
an SBIR/STTR that never got beyond Phase 1.

Looks like it had some potential for HIPAA audits, network design &
implementation.  I am about to embark on my first HIPAA-related project; the
Security rule is pretty well documented and most experienced security
professionals can figure out what needs to be done.  There is also plenty of
other literature on the subject.  But since the OASD/HA recommends it, I
will give it a look.  Seems overly broad, as Dave pointed out.

Edward W. Ray
CCIE Security, CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, MCSE+Security, PE President NetSec Design
& Consulting, Inc.
http://www.netsecdesign.com