Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Wierd bugs are cool bugs. (or as halvar would say "deep sea fish are good eatin'!")

From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley () mitre org>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:49:54 -0500 (EST)

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is weird about this?  Near as I
can tell from the advisory, it's related to a whole bunch of arguments
that are incrementally added to an array, which ultimately results in
an out-of-bounds array index.  If in fact that's what's going on, this
"piecemeal" buffer overflow construction might be unusual and rarely
reported, but it doesn't seem that weird.

Clarification appreciated for lamerz like me :)

Thanks,
Steve