Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Memory, Elephantine

From: AAron Walters <awalters () 4tphi net>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 22:34:46 -0500 (EST)

jnf,

It sounds like you have some experience working on this problem that may be valuable to the project. When we started the project, we also realized that there were a number of things that were "problematic" and we had to develop creative ways for solving them, especially when we started going through our corpus of images. This is the reason that we decided to build an extensible, scriptable framework that provided tools to facilitate this. If you have examples of techniques that were problematic in your
experience that you would like to discuss off list, we would be extremely
interested. We should probably start a mailing list for those interested in the problem before Dave gets annoyed.

As for the second part of your question regarding problems with the memory
access mechanism, we have not experienced the problem you mentioned. dd is just one mechanism that can be used, but there are others. The current focus on our project has not been the access mechanism but the analysis once it has been obtained.

AW