Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Default Deny on Executables

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:35:04 -0400

That URL would be:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx

Because last I checked making each binary signed is what Palladium does. You can do things like say "Only GPG and DLL's signed by GPG.com can access my sealed GPG key."

By default your box can come from Dell only running EXE's that are signed by vendors you trust. This wouldn't be a bad idea for a GRSec'd distribution either, imo. If you assume that you can trust the kernel (which is a pretty big assumption, but not everyone is Paul Starzetz) you can do similar stuff without special hardware, I think. :>

-dave