Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Insecure or Unsecure

From: miah <miah () chia-pet org>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 11:17:59 -0400

IANAEM but I think unsecure is just incorrect spelling..

And the internet thinks I'm right.
http://www.answers.com/unsecure

Spell Check
Did You Mean:
insecure

Maybe you mean unsecured?

-miah

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 11:11:41AM -0400, Douglas F. Calvert wrote:
Hello,
This is a rather silly question but it has been nagging me all week.
Is software insecure or unsecure? Would you say "plain text email is
inherently insecure" or "plaintext email is inherently unsecure?"
 Is one of the two blatantly incorrect or do they mean slightly
different things. I am no William Safire so the difference between in
and un is not readily apparent to me. My gut feeling is that unsecure
is something that can be fixed where insecure is something that is an
inherent flaw that can never be fixed.

--dfc
douglasfcalvert () gmail com