Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Hahahaha

From: H D Moore <hdm-daily-dave () digitaloffense net>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 00:37:35 -0500

Tell me about it. Supposedly someone at the Shmoo Group discovered that
msfconsole/msfcli doesn't strip terminal escape characters. Sad part is
the vulnerabilities they reference are they ones that I found in the
first place and *documented* in ./docs/SECURITY and the user guide...

( http://metasploit.com/projects/Framework/documentation.html#Security )
----
- We recommend that you use a robust, secure terminal emulator when
 utilizing the command-line interfaces. Please see the references at the
 bottom of this document for more information.

Terminal Emulator Security Issues
 http://www.digitaldefense.net/labs/papers/Termulation.txt
----

I didn't get a chance to see the talk, so if this is completely off base,
someone correct me. I still haven't seen an email from Brian Caswell or
any @shmoo.org address about it. In other news, Dino Dai Zovi actually
found a *real* security hole in msfweb, more information can be found
online at http://metasploit.com/archive/framework/msg00469.html

-HD