Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Lynn / Cisco shellcode

From: Christoph Gruber <list () guru at>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:53:11 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2005 06:56 schrieb Dennis Cox:
Torn.

That about sums it up. Half a dozen reasons why he was wrong to do it -
half of dozen reasons why it's sad that felt he had to.

And dozens of reasons why he had to do it.
The only way to ensure the fastest fix to vulnerabilities and complete
information of ALL involved victims, is to publish immediatly.

Do you remember Alex Kornbrust?
He waited more than 700 days for Oracle-vulns to be fixed.

Do you really believe he was the only person to know about that?

Was his reason truly what he stated? Was he that passionate about it?
Reminds me of "The Angry Young Man" song lyrics - first verse.

Reminds me of a really rsponsible man.

I think deep down he spent so long on it and he got something he thought
was really neat he didn't want to see it squashed so he broke the rules of
employment and presented it anyway. Then again where's the filter for this
protection? Does anybody protect against it? That's the scary part after
that story about the whole witty worm thing I get a nervous feeling about
stuff like this.

No, but now,  everybody knows, what to take care of and what to watch for, as
we do.

--
Grisu
2B OR (NOT (2B)) = FF