Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Detecting Windows language versions

From: Meder Kydyraliev <meder () o0o nu>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:00:37 +0600

Not an expert in windoze but how about requesting nonexistent page from
ISS (I assume it is installed and running) and look at the language the
page is printed in. Some samples to support the guess (taken from Zone-H
defacements archive):

http://server.sejuve.gob.ni/asdf
http://zengdou.gov.cn/hzasdfa.html
http://gaspar.ecologie.gouv.fr/hzz

Though you'd have to know how to recongnize the lang :)

Also maybe the lang page is in only says about IIS version, but i guess
it'd be a safe assumption that windoze also in the same lang.

Meder