Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Ants, trees, etc.

From: plonky <plonky () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:06:44 +0200

On 6/23/05, Jonatan B <onatan () gmail com> wrote:
On 6/22/05, David Klotz <bucky () speakeasy org> wrote:
The halting problem essentially says you can't write a general program which
will verify whether ALL programs will halt or not (when using a computer with
infinite memory by the way).  While not an expert on this,
I suspect you could also use it to formally prove you can't write a general
algorithm that determines if ANY two programs behave the same on ALL input.

Well, may be what is following can be pure shit, but in fact i would
like to talk about the curry-howards isomorphism (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curry-Howard_isomorphism)

But two programs which behave exactly the _same_ should have the same proof.
but as we talk about isomorphism its not possible to have A!=B and
proof(A) = proof(b) (i repeat: in my humble opinion)

But i think what we are talking about here is far from this.