Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: how to remotely fingerprint 2k3 SP0 vs SP1 ?

From: Isaac Dawson <isaac.dawson () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:55:32 -0400

Hamid, it's very easy! go to www.immunitysec.com and click on products
-> Canvas. Then call dave and buy it. :D
-Isaac

On 6/11/05, Hamid . K <elite_netbios () yahoo com> wrote:
wow !
so much usefull information ,
Thank you all , for supporting me
specially Rich and Jean :>

The time I found that some RPC ports are open
on systems , the same idea came across my mind
but had no idea what to to/where to begin.
I had the secuityFriday PoC but to be honest never
completely reviewd their paper :p
and thank you Jean for scheduling service hint
which will save me time .

and , Dave
Can you explain more about fingerprinting based on
COM ojects ? any hint/paper/refrence to review ?

regards
-Hamid

--- Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com> wrote:

One thing CANVAS does to determine random things is
fingerprint COM
objects present on remote systems. This can often
tell you if a certain
software package is available or not. I haven't seen
anyone else do this
yet, but it's not that hard...

-dave

Rich Smith wrote:

Cheers for the explanation for the lack mstask.exe
UUID's in 2k3 SP1 and
the links :)

It was Urity's presentation which set me off down
the road of looking
at/implementing RPC fingerprinting in the first
place :), after the
presentation I thought more people would
investigate the
technique.......doesn't seem like many people have,
however I find it
quite a useful technique in many situations.

--Rich--

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 11:37 +0200, Jean-Baptiste